Date on demand|
The Baltic Exchange
PnL 1: The Complete Voyage Calculation
Post-fixture at a professional level: deeper and broader than your Voyage Management system, to the core Profit/Loss unit of managing shipping business.
Time & Location
Date on demand
The Baltic Exchange, The Baltic Exchange, 38 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8EX, UK
About the event
Post-fixture at a professional level: going deeper and broader than your Voyage Management system, into the core Profit and Loss unit of managing the business of Tanker, Dry Bulk, Ro-Ro, Containers, Parceling and Project shipping
Who is it for?
- Dry, Tanker, Container, Ro-Ro, Breakbulk, Parceling, Project and Heavylift
- All Postfixture professionals, Operators, Marine Accountants: structure and refresh their knowledge (CPD); learn of other sectors and broader industry practice
- Accountants, Bookkeepers and Management Accountants in Shipping
- Services to Shipping: P&I loss adjusters, Audit and Accounting firms, Financial Analysts, Asset Managers
- Technology providers to Shipping: Data Scientists, A.I. Analysts, Software houses, IT Support to Voy Mgt Systems, Training Providers
Learning outcomes :
On completing this course, we expect you to be able to
- Identify the universal components of Revenue, Expense and Variance of a piece of shipping business
- Be aware of the most common challenges in capturing estimates of these components, and progressing them to actual
- Explain the interests of Accounting and Management Reporting, and reconciliation points between the two
- Reflect on industry best practice and how it is applicable to particular sectors and business models
GBP 300 + VAT for the full day
Includes written course materials, coffee breaks, sandwich lunch, and follow-up email tuition with the Instructor.
If you prefer that we invoice you or your company rather than paying online here, please use the "Contact" form on the site.
Full-time students have a concessionary rate of GBP 100 + VAT, on verification from the institution they are attending.
may vary dependant on the mix of attendees.
o Revenue, accounts receivable
o Expense, accounts payable
o “Positive and Negative”
o Time, timezones, calendar year
o Why TCE
o Weighted Averages
o Smallest PnL unit
o Decision-making: the Dendrogram
o Accounting Periods; IFRS; Management Reporting
- Estimation to Actual
o Reconciliation with Accounts
o Status in relation to Accounts
o Cost of Vessel Time
o Bunker cost
o Port costs and RoEx
o Cargo costs
o Overheads and apportioned costs
>‘Due in advance’ x Invoice Status
>Lumpsums versus rates
>Commissions and applicability
o Laytime versus delays
- Settlements and Claims
Shipping PnL 1 - 12 Sep 2019
Shipping PnL 1: The Complete Voyage Calculation - 27 June 2019 £300 + VAT
Shipping PnL1 Student 12.09.19
Shipping PnL 1: The Complete Voyage Calculation - 27 June 2019 Full-time or ICS Student £100+VAT (verification will be required)
PnL 1 12.09 - request Invoice
PnL 1 - the Complete Voyage Calculation, 12 September 2019. Please invoice me / my company £300 + VAT or £100 + VAT for student.